harvard referencing explained
To be made up of:
- Author (surname followed by initials).
- Year of publication (in round brackets).
- Title of article (in single quotation marks).
- Title of journal (in italics – capitalise first letter of each word in title, except for linking words such as and, of, the, for).
- Issue information, that is, volume (unbracketed) and, where applicable, part number, month or season (all in round brackets).
- Page reference.
- doi (if available).
Styles of referencing
Other styles that are used at Reading include Harvard, Oxford, APA, Chicago and Vancouver (numeric).
Author Date This is also known as the Harvard Referencing System
The Library provides access to a comprehensive guide to Harvard Referencing.