how do you do a literature search
This article has been viewed 12,135 times.
PhD in English, Georgia State University
- Write out a clear, detailed statement of your research question.
- Identify the concepts which your research question includes.
- List keywords which describe the concepts including synonyms, acronyms, alternative spellings including American spelling and plurals.
- Identify subject headings which describe the concepts.
- Develop your search strategy using this Search Strategy Worksheet:
Burton, Suzan, and Steane, Peter. Surviving Your Thesis . London: Routledge, 2004.